Baked Blueberry Pancakey-Cake
Bake my pancake, are you serious?! Don’t want to stand over the stove for 150 minutes this Shrove Tuesday, ladling mix into the pan with a 50/50 ratio of butter to batter?- Try this bake that encompasses all those early spring flavours, with all that ease! It’s a pancake, but baked!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Fresh blueberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Icing sugar, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease your 12×10″ Slab Tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl, (if i’m feeling lazy, I pull out my cake mixer) sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the centre, then pour in the milk, egg, vanilla, and melted butter; whisk until smooth, get every last drop out with your scooper scraper!
- Pour batter into prepared baking tray and top with blueberries. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until cooked through and lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool to the touch (use your cooling tray if necessary)
- While pancake cake is baking, make whipped cream: Using a chilled bowl and chilled beaters, whip the cream until thickened. Add mascarpone and vanilla and continue whipping until thick peaks form. Add sugar, about a tablespoon at a time(be exact with your measuring spoon selection until desired sweetness. Refrigerate until ready to assemble the cake.
- When cake has cooled, flip the pan upside down to remove it from the pan. This may take some coaxing – you may have to run a knife along the edges to loosen it from the pan. Cut the cake into 12 squares. Sharp edges always make the nicest finish, so give your blade a little TLC with a good sharpen before slicing.
- Serve pancake squares layered with mascarpone whipped cream. Top with more berries and maple syrup, if desired.
It’s a pancake, but baked! This blueberry pancakey-cake layered with mascarpone whipped cream is a dessert-worthy treat that’s easy-peasy to put together!
If you’re not a fan of blueberry pancakes, swap with whatever you fancy! Raspberries, bananas, chocolate chips, you name it, it’ll work in this “cake”.
There’s no rule that says you can’t have cake!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.