/ March 13th, 2020 / There are currently 0 comments
This banana loaf recipe is easy and quick to make. It even has a drizzle for extra lavishness. Get your little ones helping in the process so they enjoy the end result even more.
- 150g butter,softened (10g for the linning the tin)
- 140g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 140g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 50g nuts of choice – walnuts, pecans (optional)
- 50g icing sugar
- handful dried banana chips or fresh banana for decoration
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment so the loaf doesn’t stick. You can also use a release cake spray or a liner.
- Cream the 140g softened butter and the 140g caster sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add 2 beaten large eggs with a little (2tbsp) of the 140g flour.
- Fold in the remaining flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 2 mashed bananas (nuts too if using) and pour in the tin.
- Bake for about 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack.
- For the drizzle: Mix 50g icing sugar with 2-3 tsp water to make a runny icing. Drizzle the icing across the top of the cake and decorate with a handful of banana chips or chopped banana.