Carrot and Walnut Cake
This hearty carrot and walnut cake is the perfect companion to your afternoon tea during the wet winter months. A classic frosting makes sure this isn’t too far from any fond memories of childhood carrot cakes you’ve had in the past.
- 250g self raising flour
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp ground nutmeg
- 400g caster sugar
- 350ml vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 350g grated carrots
- 130g chopped walnuts
- 100g unsalted butter
- 220g full fat cream cheese
- 450g icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180°C / Fan Oven 160°C / Gas Mark 4.
- Grease and line two 9″ round cake tins.
- Sieve together the flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the sugar, vegetable oil and eggs and mix well.
- Fold in the carrots and walnuts.
- Divide the mixture between two tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Cream Cheese: Mix together the butter and cream cheese.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract then combine.
- Fill and top the cooled carrot cake.
- Decorate with a few chopped walnuts.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.