Carrot Cake Cupcakes
/ March 2nd, 2021 / There are currently 0 comments
Make these sweet carrot cake cupcakes for your afternoon tea, as desert or for casual snacking. The frosting will have you reaching for another, and another, and maybe another..
- 200g self raising flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2tsp mixed spice
- 170g Muscovado sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 large eggs
- 150ml sunflower oil
- 200g grated carrots
- 100g unsalted butter
- 300g cream cheese
- 150g icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180°C / Fan Oven 160°C / Gas Mark 4.
- Line your muffin tin with 12 cake cases.
- Sieve together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and mixed spice.
- Add in the sugar and orange zest.
- Whisk together the eggs and oil, then pour into the dry ingredients.
- Add in the grated carrot and combine.
- Spoon the mixture into cases.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Icing: Beat together the butter and cream cheese.
- Add in the icing sugar, vanilla extract and combine.
- Pipe onto your cooled cupcakes.