Chili Chocolate Tequila Truffles
Nothing says “Love” quite like chocolate. And why not spice things up with some chili? Tequila makes this a triple t
hreat to the senses. Is it Valentines day yet?
- 1.4kg Dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 8 Cloves, ground
- 2 Dried chilies
- 700ml Double cream
- A generous dash of tequila
- A few pinches of salt
- 1 tbsp Golden syrup
- 50g cocoa powder
1. With a little vegetable oil grease a baking tin (approx 13″ x 9″) and line with clingfilm.
2. Break, cut or coarsely grate the chocolate into a bowl. The smaller the pieces the easier to melt.
3. Using a pestle and mortar grind the spices and heat together with the double cream and tequila in a heavy bottomed pan.
4. Once the mixture is hot but not boiling, add to the chocolate in a bowl and stir in, keep an eye on the heat with your tempering thermometer.
Tip: If the cream is too hot the chocolate will split. Simply stir a few tablespoons of cold cream into the melted chocolate to bring back. If the chocolate has not melted completely place the bowl over a pan of simmering water to warm it gently.
5. Pour your mixture into the tin, making sure you get every last bit with your own measurement spatula.
-Tip: Tapping the tin sharply against your work surface a few times will ensure the mixture is flat and even and freeze for an hour.
6. Sieve out half the cocoa powder into a large bowl.
7. Once the chocolate is frozen, turn it out onto a chopping board and cut into cubes. Then toss them in the cocoa powder. As you cut them, sieve more powder over the truffles and transfer them to an air tight tub. Keep stored in the freezer or fridge.
8. Sprinkle yourself some love on top with your red hearts <3
WARNING: Highly addictive. Only offer to friends and family that you like to avoid lingerers.