Cinnamon Baked Doughnuts
/ June 24th, 2020 / There are currently 0 comments
Doughnuts don’t have to be fried and fatty. They can be baked and taste just as lovely. Check out this recipe for baked cinnamon doughnuts and make them as a treat this weekend.
- 240g flour
- 290g sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 extra large egg
- 300ml milk
- 30g butter
- 115g butter
- 70g sugar
- ground cinammon (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Coat the pan (we recommend this Wilton one) with a non-stick spray or agent (try this one).
- Into a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients – the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt .
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients – egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the baking pans, filling each one a little more than three-quarters full.
- Bake for 17 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then tap the doughnuts out onto a sheet pan.
- For the topping, melt the 115g of butter in a pan deep enough to dip the doughnuts. Combine the sugar and cinnamon (if using) in a small bowl. Dip each doughnut first in the butter and then in the cinnamon sugar, either on one side or both sides.