Easy Chocolate Sponge
It seems as though everyone has a sponge recipe handy – from a friend, off a website online, passed down in generations or off the back of a cooking magazine. Well this one is tried and tested, you are welcome. We have done half the hard work. Now is your turn to bake your easy chocolate sponge.
- 175g unsalted butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 150g self raising flour
- 200g full fat cream cheese
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100g dark chocolate
- 100g unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180°C / Fan Oven 160°C / Gas Mark 4.
- Grease and line a 8″ round cake tin.
- Mix together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the mixture one at a time.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Sieve in the flour, cocoa then baking powder and combine.
- Pour the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.