Homemade Jammie Dodgers
Sure, the store bought ones are fine but imagine how amazing these homemade ones are. You can change the shape of your Jammie Dodgers, the filling and the size. Your kids will love making their own. If you’re home alone make an extra big batch and treat yourself. We have just the perfect cutters for this recipe too!
- 250g unsalted butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 egg (yolk only)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
- 6tbsp strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180°C / Fan Oven 160°C.
- Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Sieve in the plain flour and combine into a dough.
- Knead gently onto a lightly floured surface.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Once chilled, turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll dough to 5mm thick.
- Using a 6cm round cutter, cut out as many rounds as you can.
- Take half the quantity of rounds and, using a smaller heart cutter, remove the middles.
- Carefully place them all on the baking trays, placing them slightly apart.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Place a teaspoon of jam onto the middle of each full biscuit, add top biscuit and sandwich together.