Summer Peach Cookies
/ May 24th, 2021 / There are currently 0 comments
Summer baking gets us excited and we encourage you to make these sweet real peach looking cookies!
- 200g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 150g butter
- 70g white sugar
- 50g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2tbsp greek yogurt
- peach jam
- 4-6 tbsp milk
- food colouring – red and yellow
- 100g granulated white sugar
- mint leaves, fresh
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a mixer with a paddle attachment for a minute. Add the egg and vanilla, followed by the greek yogurt. Make sure they’re well mixed.
- On a low speed combine the dry mix and the wet creamed mix. Do not overmix.
- With a tablespoon scoop out the dough and roll in your hands (oiled beforehand) into a ball and place on a baking sheet. Repeat until all dough is used up.
- Bake for 14-15 minute until lightly browned. Let cool completely onto a cooling rack.
- Spread a teaspoon of peach jam evenly on the bottom of one cookies and gently press another cookie onto the jamed side to sandwhich them together. Repeat untill all cookies are sandwiched.
- Decorate the cookies: Pour 2-3tbsp of milk into two small bowls. Tint one bowl of milk with red food coloring striving for a vibrant pink, then tint the other bowl of milk with yellow food coloring to achieve a vibrant yellow. Using a paint brush randomly paint both sandwiched cookies alterntating between the two colours until you recieve a peach look. (Don’t overdo the colouring as the cookies will become soggy from the milk)
- Dip the cookies in sugar to create a slight fuzz look to them in true peach nature. Finish off with a few fresh mint leaves.
- Store in an air tight container.