Toffee Apple Cake
/ September 20th, 2021 / There are currently 0 comments
With the leaves falling from the trees and the weather turning chilly, why not treat yourself to some good old fashioned comfort food and try out our scrumptious toffee apple cake recipe? Perfect for those frosty Autumn evenings!
- 385g can apple slices, juices drained
- 397g can Carnation caramel
- 150g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs, whisked
- 175g self-raising flour
- Tinned custard to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas Mark 4.
- Grease and line the base of a 22-23cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Bit by bit add in the eggs, then slowly sieve and mix in the flour until all the ingredients are combined.
- Once you have made your basic cake mixture, chop half of the apple slices into bite-sized chunks.
- Add chopped apple to the mix and then spoon in ¾ of the caramel. The caramel should be evenly distributed throughout the cake but not entirely mixed in.
- Pour the mixture into the tin. Arrange the remaining apple slices on top of the cake mix and drizzle the remaining 1/4 of the caramel over them.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until firm and golden brown. Boil the kettle. Put some cosy socks on. Cut yourself a generous slice and serve with a good dollop of hot custard – and there you have it, pudding perfection!