Delicious Vegan cupcakes
How to make vegan cupcakes
Ingredients for (20) cupcakes
- 330ml almond milk or use coconut or soy milk if you prefer
- 250g plain flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 120ml coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for the frosting
- 4 cups Powdered sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Vegan butter
- 4 tablespoons coconut Milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line muffin tins with paper cases
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarb and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla together. Then carefully combine with the dry ingredients until completely mixed together. Divide evenly among 20 muffin cases in your muffin tray.
- Bake for around 18-20 minutes. The tops of the muffins should feel firm when pressed. Leave to cool completely.
- While cooling you can make your frosting.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and whizz together using a hand-held blender. Once your cupcakes are cool dollop liberally on each one!