Mini Fudge Wedding Cakes Recipe
Mini Fudge Wedding Cakes
Aren't these just delightful! It's true, good things do come in small packages where these mini wedding cakes are concerned. I know they're not exactly the towering 7 tier cake we expect at weddings but they pack a punch with all that flavour in small packages.
Also where these are made at home they are a lot cheaper, but don't compromise the culinary elegance of a wedding or the taste of delicious fluffy cake. Decorating these wedding revolutionary cakes is also so easy to personalise, it could be a simple coat of white fondant with a few silver sprinkles, to piping on huge red roses and an abundance of sugarpaste butterflies. Sadly this is the end of wedding week, so enjoy the last of the tying-the-knot delights. Level: Easy Servings: 14 Preparation + cooking times: 10 minutes + 10 minutes
- Cut three 3-by-18 inch strips of waxed paper and then line a 9 by 12 inch rimmed baking sheet 1 strip along length and 2 along width. It's fine that the strips hang over the sides of the tray. Coat this with cooking spray and leave to one side.
- In a medium size saucepan, combine the granulated sugar, salt, butter, cream and marshmallows and cook them on a low medium heat stirring occasionally until most of the butter and marshmallows are melted. This takes about 4-5 minutes.
- Once the mixture is ready bring to boil and boil for whilst stirring for 5 minutes then remove from the heat. Add the vanilla and chocolate and stir until the mixture is completely smooth. Pour immediately into the baking sheet and leave to set for 3-4 hours.
- After the fudge has cooled, use the paper to lift it out of the baking sheet. and onto a chopping board.
- Using a 1 inch, 1 1/4 inch and a 1 1/2 inch round cutters, cut out 14 rounds in each size.
- Pour the sanding sugar into a small, shallow bowl and then dip the top of each round in the sugar.
- Stack the rounds to form a 3 layered cake.
- Leave to stand for about an hours so the fudge is truly set then enjoy!